Scantronics 9651 zone tamper Z01-08

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've just moved into my place and there is a Scantronics 9651 alarm system installed. Its been working fine for a month or so but I've had to replace the battery (kept beeping at night saying low battery). When i changed the battery i got a Call Installer on the display. The 0 7890 engineers code did not work so I followed instructions on an old thread to reset the codes.

It's now back to factory default but when exiting engineers mode I keep getting a Zone Tamper 01 and it goes up to 08.
I entered 98 tick "Load Default" then 1 tick but still get the Zone tamper message scrolling to all zones.

Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks!!

Ben.

Sponsored Links
For a start, you need to reprogram the system as you've factory defaulted it. The reason for the tamper 01-08 indication is probably because the system defaults to closed circuit and common tamper wiring whereas your system is probably wired for FSL wiring. You'll need to program the zones to the correct wiring type and check all other programming to get the system back to normal.

Finger trouble ....why did you load defaults ? It will all need reprogramming , it was probably set to global tamper and it's now fsl wiring ( resistor) option 21...

oh dear. Thanks guys! I've checked option 21 and it states: CC+Com A/T. Is this correct?

I stupidly thought loading default would reset to a pre-programmed default setting. If i struggle with it i might have to bite the bullet and find an alarm engineer to resolve.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi
I have exactly the same
Is there a step by step easy reprogramming guide
Any help greatly appreciated

Not really! every system is different and programmed according to what's on it ...more info would be needed

Why do people, other than alarm engineers, seem to always want to "Load Default" ?

The system has been fitted and working, so why do the above?

All that needs to happen is to go through the programming as far as the error, correct and then reset back to day (off)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back