scariest film you've ever seen.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
you can't include the blair witch project coz it was hyped up & a big let down.
there was a film called the "changeling" with i think it was george scott or george c scott about a wooden rocking chair in tha attic or something,there was no blood & gore just messed with your head. :eek: spooky mulder.....

Sponsored Links
just remembered an even scarier one,but i doubt if anyones even heard of it never mind seen it.
THE NORLISS TAPES made in 197? if anyone does remember then they will know what i mean when i say be careful when you close your bedroom curtains :eek: :eek: :eek:

The Ring made me a feel uneasy at times. I haven't watched the Japanese original yet, apparently that is pretty scary.

Sponsored Links
*Groan* :LOL:

Actually, the original film (and the US remake) centre heavily on the phone! Although "The Ring" doesn't refer to a phone ringing. It is a great film, I thought so anyway.

i think it's all relative to the time, age and circumstances when you saw the film but seeing "The Exorcist" for the first time when it came out was pretty unnerving another was "The Sentinal" but the one that made an everlasting impression on me from my teenage days was a tv episode of "Eamon Burke" or "Burke's law" named "Who killed the thirteenth clown?" very scary!

in the late 70's there used to be a series called "thriller" a bit like a more adult version of roald dahls tales of the unexpected.hide behind the cushion job.

"Paperhouse" was pretty scary, and that classic japanese film with the samurai mask that sticks to the wearers face (the one i can never remember the title of!)

kendor said:
"Paperhouse" was pretty scary, and that classic japanese film with the samurai mask that sticks to the wearers face (the one i can never remember the title of!)

That wouldn't be "The Mask" would it? :LOL: Not the Jim Carrey version.

By the way, has anyone seen "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"? Very strange Carrey film.

that wooden rocking chair in the attic may well have been from "the Sentinal" where the lead actress ends up sitting in the aforementioned chair looking out of the window in a nun's outfit guarding the gate to hell.

AdamW said:
That wouldn't be "The Mask" would it? :LOL: Not the Jim Carrey version.
I think it was called The Mask? but what was it's japanese title?

kendor said:
that wooden rocking chair in the attic may well have been from "the Sentinal" where the lead actress ends up sitting in the aforementioned chair looking out of the window in a nun's outfit guarding the gate to hell.
i'm sure it had a young girl in it who was mistreaten in victorian times or something.

not sure but in the sentinal she was a model who came to live in an apartment block with very strange neighbours who finds out in the end she had been living on her own all the time as the neighbours were ghosts of people that had committed heinous crimes of murder in the past. and it turns out that she was the "chosen one" to be the next sentinal to protect the world from the demons of hell to spend the rest of her life rocking in this chair.

Sponsored Links
Back