Schluter Kerdi-Board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I have discovered that I have a local stockist of Schluter Kerdi-Board, given its reputation, I'm going to opt for that product to cover a bathroom stud wall which an overhead shower over a bath.

I was thinking of either putting up
a) 12 mm Gyproc SoundBloc plasterboard then attaching 12.5 mm Schluter Kerdi-Board, or alternatively
b) 19mm (or possibly 25mm) Kerdi-Board on its own

Just to try and reduce some sound from the overhead shower going through the stud wall to the main bedroom. I suppose an extra 7mm of Kerdi-Board would help reduce sound without the additional SoundBloc, though I haven't actually seen the Kerdi-Board product up close so I don't know how dense it is.

There would be acoustic Rockwool within the stud wall in any case.

Separately, can the 5mm thick Kerdi-Board be used under floor tiles on a marine ply floor?

Sponsored Links
I had a bathroom installer around and he said that even if putting up Schluter Kerdi-Board on the walls, as it's not much more expensive to additionally tank it with a paint-on tanking product he would do that.

I was wondering if there's any drawbacks to this? Perhaps Schluter Kerdi-Board wouldn't absorb a paint-on tanking product?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back