School appeals

Should children with british passports get priority for school places?

• Yes they should

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No idea, perhaps you can give us an example of how it works there?
Is Welsh a required subject?

Or are you just playing advocate again :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Must be a problem for English-speaking children in Wales too. I wonder how they cope?

I don't see the problem here, i coped when my dad got posted to Scotland back in the 60s, "och aye th noo" sounded like a foreign language to me at 7yrs old. :rolleyes:

But it is relevant.
Why fight to get into a school if it turns out the language barrier is going to detract anyway with certain policies being forced on schools?
I agree with the concept of children attaining relevant pre-requisite knowledge prior to attending a mainstream school. However, the poll does not specifically make reference to this. There are American, Australian, New Zealand and other familial backgrounds who are quite fluent in English from birth who fall outside the remit of the point that you have (IMHO correctly) raised.

Sponsored Links
Something like South Africa then, where 3 languages are mandatory.
So to progress you HAVE to become fluent. Thus not holding back everyone else.

About what I was saying really.
Thanks for the input.

So you think its ok for any one to just roll up from mongolia and get there child enrolled in school at the expense of the home grown! ****! :mad:

Don't be deliberately dense.

No I don't think anyone should just roll up from Mongolia, we need tighter immigration rules.

But once they are in, they should be treated equally, no one should get priority.

But once they are in, they should be treated equally, no one should get priority.

So how can you teach one who was say 8 years old and did not speak a word of English-------Equally?

Would they understand the word in the first place?

So how can you teach one who was say 8 years old and did not speak a word of English-------Equally?

Would they understand the word in the first place?

Why are you being so ridiculous.

We should stop a lot of the immigration, but there are still going to be a few coming in, the UK is home to international businesses.

Should they just be barred from going to school, yea, that will really make them productive members of society.

If you deny them schooling, you can't then complain if they turn to crime.

At what stage have I said they should not have schooling?
I suggest you have a re-read, rather than scanning the posts. I HAVE said they should be at a proficient level to enter the mainstream and not hold others back.

Your confusing the issue with something else, next you`ll be claiming xenophobia. Which is often used incorrectly in its context anyway.

Again re-read what has been said.
Then look at my previous, where it mentions "How can they be treated equally" if they cannot understand. They would obviously be treated even better as they would need more intensive teaching.
This would negate on the existing pupils.

Sponsored Links
Back