Schools to have mental advisor

Perhaps its a good thing? Early intervention while the kids can be steered in the right direction, before they turn to drugs and alcohol. Cheaper for the state in the long run.

Sponsored Links
Years ago we were working there when one of the inmates was carried up to the medical bay as he had one of them big wax crayons stuck up his arris :LOL:
Now it would be a couple of mobile phones

I run a City & Guilds motor vehicle training centre and all the kids we have come from schools that deal in the sort of kids that other schools won’t touch. I spell it out to the schools that send them that I will not under any circumstances put up with any bad behaviour on grounds of H&S and my decision on allowing the kids to stay or go is final. Some of the kids can be right little f ****ers when at the school - fighting, biting and punching tutors, throwing chairs etc. but I have no trouble whatsoever when they are in the workshop because I make it crystal clear straight off that I’m not bound by the same rules as the teachers in their school. It works with 95% of them. The other 5% get sent straight back - some within 5 minutes of starting when they refuse to put boots or overalls on or even switch their phone off. I don’t waste time pleading with them or trying to encourage them to do what is expected. I tell them how it is and if they don’t comply, they’re out. It always sorts a class out when the biggest, mouthiest one gets put in his place or sent back. When they know they can’t get away with it, they don’t try. In fact, I think some of them actually respect being told where the line has been drawn and that’s the trouble with schools - unlike me they just can’t chuck a kid out as they have a duty to school them and discipline has been taken away from them.
Schools would have done all the above once over.Good you make a difference with 95% of them...I dont think sitting kids in classrooms 8hours a day then sending 50% to uni is much good for many many kids

Sponsored Links
Back