Scrap Metal Collection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a collection of metal items to dispose of, one item is too big for me to put in the car, does anyone have suggestions if a scrap metal merchant would be interested to collect the items, a couple of places I called where not interested, thanks.

Sponsored Links
if it was round here, you would only need to leave it on show and the *****'s would have it away in less than 10 mins :LOL:

put a sign up saying free scrap metal, *****'s will soon see it

Sponsored Links
iirc crap metal is worth £150 a tonne so anything and everything has a worth,either do as already posted or put a free ad in your local rag?

As said, leave it out, i left an old heavy boiler down the side of a house I was working in, they soon took that, brilliant cos I didn't wanna carry it up the drive on my own.

iirc crap metal is worth £150 a tonne...

that depends entirely on the metal.. copper is worth more than steel so pipes and boilers etc they'll have away before you can blink, electrical wire too..

stripped bright wire is £3600 / tonne ( £3.60 / Kg )
unstripped wire is £900 / tonne ( 90p / Kg )
braizery copper ( which I assume is pipes etc ) is £2700 / tonne ( £2.70 / Kg )
Aluminium cans £645 / tonne ( 64.5p / Kg )

Col where do you get rid of your aluminium cans? The scrapyards by us won't take them. I used to take them to a mobile alcan unit but that's stopped and I still pick them up and I'm left with bags of the things.

Hi, thanks for all the suggestions, my prob is that my house is in a cul-de-sac and the people that come round collecting rarely come round, ended up getting someone to collect :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back