screaching mixer tap from B & Q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently fitted a mixer tap to my bahroom sink. the hot is fine, but the cold side makes a screaching noise apart from when it is open to full flow. The tap can't be faulty because I have tried swapping the hot and cold inlets- it only happens on the cold whether it is LEFT side or RIGHT side. when the toilet is flushed or the bathroom tap is on, the noise goes. I have tried reducing the pressure from the mains, but it makes no difference. I have tried putting a regulator valve on the pipe leading to the cold tap- it only slightly reduces the noise. when the taps were seperate before, there was no noise. Any other ideas how to stop this noise coming from the new mixer tap?

Sponsored Links
Sounds to me like you could have an airlock or the washers are worn. I've replaced a washer before when I was about 14. Quite a simple job :).

Try this:

Turn off the cold water at the mains.... then turn the taps all on for the cold water all over the house.... then turn the water back on at the mains.... then turn the taps off.

It might work. Good luck.

EDIT: Whoa 5 threads :eek:, seems you have quite a few jobs to complete :LOL:.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back