screed drying times

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am having a new house built. The down stairs of the house has a 70mm screed over underfloor heating.

I am going to fit karndean on this floor. I have looked on the net and see that the screed drys at a rate of 1mm per day.

I had planned to have the floor installed on the 15th of november.The builder has says he will turn on the underfloor heating at the end of october.

Will the underfloor heating being on for a few weeks dry out the screed.

Any one have any comments or experienced this.

Regards

Chris

Sponsored Links
Hi Chris

...glad to note that you have been busy "seeking out" info as advised

"mac391" answered your question on this already(you should listen to him!) - your fitter (in this case screeder) should check the moisture levels for you (with the equipment all good fitters have ;) )

I take it you will still be using different guys (one to screed, the other to install floor)???

As I said previously, if you are unsure about your guys competence then dont use them!!!!!

I cannot help you further (I am not a fitter remember) - seek out "Mattysupra" or "mac391" they are the real experts, listen to their advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back