Screed height?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Just had the shell of the extension built and I am thinking about the next phases.

I have no idea of screeding in terms of how much it costs or what is involved, but as you can see from the photo it looks like I have a lot of height to make up.

The concrete base of the extension was laid to the same level as the old garage floor, which now looks like it is far too low?

Any advice would be great?

Lee

Sponsored Links
Doesn't look too low to me.

By the time you get your 100 Kingspan down, you'll be lucky to get an 80mm screed.

You might have to do what I've just done and invested in 40 bags of Trueflow which can go down a =<50mm.

Hi

Thanks

There is no insulation in old garage part (which will now be a room), but there is in the extension which joins onto the old garage.

The other thing I am not sure of is that the bottom of the external door openings in the room are only a brick high - which means I am limited to how much screed I can put down ??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back