Screeded floor v dusty advice on laying wooden floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a screeded floor in my newish extention (1 year old) and am at last ready to actually plan laying the flooring.

The screed is very dusty will I need to put some sort of pva across the whole thing before laying the floor? Obviously after thouroughly hoovering it.

Also the screed falls away towards the patio doors, should i just fill these areas with a leveling compound ?

I was thinking of trying to lay 15mm engineered using the sika liquid batton method, thinking this would be a better job than my other option which was going to be floating the whole lot on an underlay?

Any advice welcome :)

As usual thanks in advance.

Worz

Sponsored Links
How big is the area? How much does the floor slope towards the doors?

I'd be inclined to use levelling compound over the whole area to give a perfect finish to work to.

The whole area is about 33 sqm and it slopes away to a maximum of about 8mm on one door and 5 mm on another. The slope is approx 50 cm length ways.

Cheers

Worz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back