Screw into cheap door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put a hook into the door of our understairs cupboard so that we can hang a bag on it to hold all our empty plastic bags for re-use. The door is one of those doors that looks solid, but is actually a veneer over a cardboard "waffle" (no idea what it's really called just sounds good to me!! :) ). The question is, can I just screw a cup hook in there as normal, or do I need a specific sort of fitting, or should just not even bother? The hook won't be taking any weight worth mentioning as it's just empty plastic bags.

Many thanks for your advice.

Sponsored Links
The veneer/facing isn't really going to be thick enough to support a cup hook, if you were really set on screwing into the door you'd probably need some sort of toggle fixing like they use on plasterboard walls - then you could put enough weight on the thing to peel the front of the door off :mrgreen:
What about plastic stick on hooks? I got a 12 pack of them from the local 99p store.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back