Screwdriver bits

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It's riding out of the screws that ruins the bits, plenty of pressure on the drill and correct torque go a long way.

I used 1 bit when fitting my kitchen and it's still perfectly servicable (part of a Snap-On set).

It's riding out of the screws that ruins the bits, plenty of pressure on the drill and correct torque go a long way.

I used 1 bit when fitting my kitchen and it's still perfectly servicable (part of a Snap-On set).

this is true but cheap bits tend to just chew themselves up just for fun! and not always fit properly in the screw heads

Best one is people using std philips bits on pozi drive and vice versa!.

Torx should be the standard now for screw heads imho..

and not always fit properly in the screw heads

Indeed, I think that's mainly because most people think that Phillips and Pozidriv are just different names for the same thing, when they are not compatible at all. I can't stand that noise it makes when you can hear the bit slipping!! :cry::sick:

edit: pipped to the post Keith by about 5 seconds!!

Indeed, I think that's mainly because most people think that Phillips and Pozidriv are just different names for the same thing, when they are not compatible at all. I can't stand that noise it makes when you can hear the bit slipping!! :cry::sick:

edit: pipped to the post Keith by about 5 seconds!!

I am used to this sort of thing with working on Japanese motorbikes! they use JIS screws on those (Japanese Industrial Standard) everyone thinks they are either phillips or pozidriv but they are different and require a different set of screwdrivers at a stupid price! well worth buying though

I am used to this sort of thing with working on Japanese motorbikes! they use JIS screws on those (Japanese Industrial Standard) everyone thinks they are either phillips or pozidriv but they are different and require a different set of screwdrivers at a stupid price! well worth buying though

I was just going to mention JIS as well!, no chance removing a set of NC30 carb float bowls without a JIS screwdriver!.

I was just going to mention JIS as well!, no chance removing a set of NC30 carb float bowls without a JIS screwdriver!.

Or any float bowls for that matter!

Times I have seen people remove them with mole grips!

Keith do or did you knock about on some bike forums? I'm sure I have seen your username before

Possibly the Ducacti forums?. I work on Piaggio group bikes (Vespa Piaggio Aprilia Moto Guzzi etc) but also work on basically anything!.

I've got a 1983 Honda CB1100R on the bench at the moment (rare beast, one of 150 imported into UK) and before that did a major service on a VFR 800.

Also worked on MV's, Ducatis, BSA's, Royal Enfields etc!.

Or any float bowls for that matter!

Times I have seen people remove them with mole grips!

Keith do or did you knock about on some bike forums? I'm sure I have seen your username before

Are you in the trade?.

Hmmm no never been on the Ducati forums

No not in the trade but I just like to tinker! all the bikes I have owned pretty much get a strip down and a rebuild over the winter period I do a lot of stuff for mates and people at work too

Currently got an FJR1300 which I had a nice comment off the MOT tester the other week on how nice it runs considering he had one in with half the mileage and serviced by yamaha that ran worse than mine! it brought a little smile to my face :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back