screwfix turbo gold offer not quite what it seems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1250 assorted screws in 8 sizes value £20-70p ishh reduced to 9.99
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/85041...ws/TurboGold-Packs/TurboGold-Screw-Trade-Case

such a good offer i orderd 2 lol except the case when it arrives is correct its marked up as turbo gold its the only plastic case they do but heres the point----

it contains 250 less screws it contains more smaller screws and fewer bigger screws so the total value off the pack is now £15-70p ish so £5 or 25% reduction in value

if the small sizes in the link are all 200s then they have altered the link
if the link shows 150s then its the incorrect contents shown

Sponsored Links
For the price, not that much better.

What ya gonna do with all them tiny screws anyway, make a dolls house village?

thats the point realy it goes from being good value for topping up your trade case to ok value as you will finnish up with lots off unwanted screws

incidently when i butt join 12mm mdf at corners i tend to use no6 x1.5 or 2" with a 3mm pilot
so the 400 [2 boxes] 3.5x 40 will be great maybe even withought a pilot well i hope so as o already have approching 180 anyway so 580 need a use lol

as for the other small metric 4s i use loads as a bench joiner :D

Sponsored Links
I find with screws (also with drills) it can be useful to buy a value pack of assorted sizes, but then I buy more of the ones I use a lot of (or, in the case of drills, break (small sizes) or wear out)

Was tempted to get this pack but checked the contents and the smaller screws will serve little use for me. I do like the turbogold screws they are very much like the Reisser R2 cutters which are excellent but at a premium. Never used spax but I suspect they have a very similar design to the Reisser and Turbogolds...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back