Screwth!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So it comes to be that I need a fixing that will clamp a 25mm batten, 9mm of OSB and 80mm of PIR to a 140mm timber frame wall stud, so I'm looking at quite a long fixing - 150mm+ I think.

If it's a screw, it'll be threaded to max 80% of its length. Because of the high number I'll be fixing (thousands, probably) I could do with recommendations for fixings that are well designed, low cost and rapid to do. I don't think nail gun nails come in this length (and hammer-ins would be so large they'd split the batten?) so it'll likely be a screw?

Then there's everything from a bog standard 150mm countersunk woodscrew at about 5p ea, to things like spax 150mm square tipped self drilling self countersinking torx headed monsters at 30p ea..

Do collated screws come this long? Can anyone recommend a fixing for the application? Is something like a Timco in-dex 150 (a torx headed, self drilling monster, at 20p each) that much a better fixing than a standard zinc plated 150mm pz3 woodscrew, that it's worth 4x the price?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back