Seal around Washing Machine Pierced...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is is dangerous to continue using my washing machine,
I have just seen that between the drum and door, the seal in the middle has a hole in it, its quite a big hole and seems to lead into the machine.

I dont know if water is falling into this when i am washing, also when we put in fabric softner, it goes in one way and we find it on our floor from under the washign machine.

Is it dangerous to keep using this machine or should i report it to my landlady?

This is a picture of the damage in the seal

DSC00378.jpg

Sponsored Links
That hole (slot) looks as though it should be there.
If your machine was leaking you would have water on the floor.

It is supposed to be there......
It is to drain the excess water from the door seal into the sump of the machine. Without it you would have a great big puddle in the fold of the seal..

The hole is designed in. When the machine stops there is usually a lot of water in the folds of the door seal. If this isn't drained away it would all plop out onto the floor when you open the door. Most of it goes down this hole while the door mechanism is timing out.

Sponsored Links
The hole is designed in. When the machine stops there is usually a lot of water in the folds of the door seal. If this isn't drained away it would all plop out onto the floor when you open the door. Most of it goes down this hole while the door mechanism is timing out.

Did I not say that? I'm sure I did ;) ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back