SEAL TILED FLOOR ABOVE BASEMENT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My garage floor is tiled and has a basement underneath, the tiles and grout are all in good condition but the problem starts when I put the cars in the garage when they are wet which seems to go through the grout and cause very faint damp patches over time on the ceiling below, I can seal and repaint these but after several months they start again.

The easy is answer is don't put the cars in the garage or wipe all water off before doing so but thats not practical.

I have tried various grout sealers buy none seem to help.

Will I ever be able to seal the floor ?

I was thinking of putting down some industrial style wetroom vinyl but it seems a shame to cover a perfectly good tile.

Is there professional companies that can seal the floor ?

Any thoughts ?

Sponsored Links
Applied this product and it started to lift where the tyre's were parked, when I contacted polycoteuk they there first reaction was to deny any liability stating I must not have cleaned the floor correctly, mixed the product or did not apply as per the instructions, I stated that the complete floor was cleaned the same way, all mixed from the same batch and all applied the same (are we saying that I only did it wrong on the areas where the tyres were parked).

I suggested that if it was done by there contractor then it would elimanate all there concerns and if it works them I have made an error but if it fails then its down to the product and you can refund the cost of the contractor.

Now this would same fair in anybodys book except polycotes and I have attached the email they sent me. Seems like heads they win tails I lose

POLYCOTE EMAIL :-
I am very sorry but I thought what was said was abundantly clear.

If, following our previous advice (which should also be clear), you still want us to apply another coat then we are happy to do so for the said charges. However, you have asked as to whether we will refund this cost plus the cost to remove if it fails and my answer was ‘I will take no responsibility for this’ which in plain English means ‘no’.

You say you have ‘asked you for your suggestion to which you have not replied to’’. This is incorrect. I made it very clear on my previous email to and so as not to simply repeat myself, we referred to it ‘as previously stated’.

In answer to your question ‘so when you say you will try to help can explain how’, I respond as follows; we will aim to come on the date that you require or certainly as near as possible to that date. This of course will be subject to the availability of our workforce. Alternatively, we have offered a goodwill discount. However, I must confess that this offer has all but run out. I will hold it open for the next 7 days only, after which we will revert to list price only.

If you have any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Steve Britchford

Senior Partner

I would have thought the point was obvious, initially I posted that I was looking for a product to seal tiles, found this company who advised to use there Flortex PU product.

The bottom line is there product failed and they don't want to know, the tone and content of there email speak volumes for there professionalism.

Sponsored Links
Yes ! they said they reply to car showrooms and as I said before they recommended it for the application

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back