Sealing on top of sealed tile ? Help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

My Tiler has laid some newly chipped edge travertine tiling in my kitchen very beautiful with an ivory grout.

before grout, we sealed the tile with a solvent impregnated sealer using "DRY TREAT " Stain-proof. Solvent-based sealer, before grout and again after the grout.

This sealer works at repelling water and oils, though from what I understand and misconceptions these sealers do not work well with regards to acids. A good example is a Red wine, the stain would come off a little if spilled on the tile though, a mark would be left in the stone.

My question is can I apply another type sealer on the stone, i.e. a surface sealer or something? like an acrylic based resin sealer that would protect the surface from these types of spills.

In other words, I just want my kitchen flooring to be liquid/stained proof of any type of liquid acids etc...

is this possible to apply a type surface sealer on top of the current sealer I already have ? and will the travertine still have that matt look? or would it look shiny?

Thanks, guys in advance for all your answers.

I was thinking of using the "Advance HD sealent" by Advanced sealing solution

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back