sealant for jointing black worktop

Sponsored Links
backboard????

is this a splash back your fitting aswell?
if so using the coloured filler/chaulking from screwfix i would is a rather expensive way of doing it.
either use gripfil or a decent silicone would suffice.

Sponsored Links
How about low modulus (less stretchy) clear silcone smeared on cut edges. Allow to dry, position bolts underneath, suitable colorfill and then tighten up. Thats my normal technique and never had any problems.

I fitted a U shaped kitchen 2 yrs back for a batty old bird. When I was finishing off I was horrified when she literally threw water onto the tops and left it. She said she leaves it to soak in to clean it properly.. I told her that she should try to keep the joints dry as much as she can as water (gallons of it!) will find a way through. She listened sort of, and I had sleepless nights worried about it. She rang me last month about something else and I was relieved to find em looking spanking still! Am tempted to offer a shorter guarantee on mitre cuts in future!

So by the looks of it there is quite a lot of choices when joining worktops ,one of the reasons I was looking for other kinds of jointing is that colorfil comes in such small tubes ,waterproof d3 Pva is quite cheap so is other sealants compared to colorfil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back