Sealer for sandstone slabs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a sealer to prevent them from going green?

I layed some grey ones at our last house and never did anything with them and after a white they didn't look so good, even after jetwashing.

I'm looking for something for a new patio which has a stone wall around it so I think only stone would suit:

IMG_8738.JPG

I did like the black limestone but I think loads of it on the floor would be too much.

Sponsored Links
Ian don't use black limestone every other problem on paving expert seems to be on these, i have a lot of trees in my garden and find everything covered green, i used kandla grey indian stone(untreated) on large patio and only clean once or twice a year, even with algae on it does'nt look too bad.
Theres lots of info on sealers on Paving expert and i decided not to bother, the stone walling you've got could be cleaned before building ,but i woudn't bother sealing it myself.
I take it the house is all done inside now?(y)

Sponsored Links
No, still not done inside but its too nice outside to ignore the garden, that's what I tell her anyway ;)

The sealer is a bit more expensive than I thought, I will need a fair few tubs of it. I'll look on the paving expert page, I did read about faded black limestone on there which made me think Raj Green or the Kandla Grey would be better options.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back