Sealing a painted floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I manage a film school, and recently we installed a cyclorama (a freestanding corner and walls blended into the floor with curved sections to eliminate a 'horizon line.') The entire system of walls, cove and floor is painted with a special chromakey green paint (think what a TV weatherman stands in front of: flat green or blue wall, but we at home see an inserted weather map.)
Trouble with the floor is that when students and actors walk on it wearing shoes, their footprints/scuffs show up on camera. Since the trick to getting a good 'key' is to have a uniform background, these marks show through on camera.

Is there a clearcoat finish I can put over this painted floor which will be both non-reflective (matte finish, no gloss) and washable? As it is now, I'm having to re-paint the floor after every one of their film shoots; it takes an entire gallon to do two coats, and one gallon of this paint is over $100.00.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back