Sealing exterior wall / foundation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
It's my first topic here so please excuse me if it's not the correct category for the question.

I want to seal a connection between the pavement and a wall on the side of my house. Currently it looks like on the attached images and in a rainy weather part of the water from the driveway just flows on the top of the pavement. Since there is a small gap in few places between the side wall and a pavement (about 0.2 inch wide at most) plants start to grow in those gaps and I can assume it's not very good neither for the pavement or the house wall.

What I was thinking of is sealing the gap where it's needed and painting the bottom 2 inches of the wall with the paint that the bottom of front wall was treated with - it's kind of a rubber coat.

Now my questions are:
1. What type of sealing should I choose to fill the gaps between the pavement and a wall and where could I buy them? Some B&Q employees recommended just a Polycell Filler.
2. What brand of coating/paint should I choose for painting on the bottom of the wall? Perfectly it would be the same kind of rubber paint that was used on the front wall.

Thank you very much for any suggestions as I've never tried this kind of DIY before :)

I can see that the images were not attached, they are available in my album: //www.diynot.com/network/chriswoj/albums

Sponsored Links
Here's one of your pictures

View media item 92074

I'd use a external sealant, roofers black mastic would do. It not clear what the paint is, but at a guess it's a generic black bitumin based paint sealer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back