Sealing joints in solid concrete barn guttering?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a 1960's agritultural barn that came with my house. It has a solid concrete gutter along each side (quite wide and strong - it safely supports my weight). Anyway, each section is about 10 foot long and several of the joints between them are now leaking. In the past they appear to have had some sort of sealant material between them which has been pasted over with some sort of silver tape.

Can anyone suggest the best way to seal the joints? I presume normal guttering sealant wouldn't cope with the expansion in hot weather?

I'd rather just concentrate on the joints and not go to the expense of lining the whole gutter at the moment (we have too many expensive problems to fix on the main house). A solution that would last for a couple of years would be fine as long as it isn't too expensive. I could then put a better solution in place when funds permit.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Try this stuff, its one of the better products on the market at the moment.

Acrypol, your local builders merchants should stock it.
Around £40ish for 5 litres.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back