Sealing kitchen MDF kickboard edge

Where I am working in Barnes. The kitchen was fitted 18 months ago. The plinth has a cut out. I have never (knowingly) seen an integrated dishwasher that didn't have a cut out.
Mine doesn't.

Sponsored Links
Absolutely, there are a good few spare pieces on top of the cabinets gathering dust!

Makes sense.

Likewise, when a cabinetmaker removes skirtings, picture rails, dado rails, etc, they should, in my opinion leave them under the cabinet for the day that someone rips out the cabinet. Otherwise the home owner is looking at a minimum of £200-£300 to have new moldings machined (and that is just the set up cost).

Mine doesn't.

Fair enough. Out of interest, which dishwasher do you have?

Are your worktops and doors standard height?

Now I think about it, about 18 years ago, I recall doing some work in a kitchen where the customer had a Smeg dishwasher. It didn't have a cut out but it did sit on a raised platform which may have negated the need for a cut out.

Sponsored Links
Fair enough. Out of interest, which dishwasher do you have?

Are your worktops and doors standard height?

Now I think about it, about 18 years ago, I recall doing some work in a kitchen where the customer had a Smeg dishwasher. It didn't have a cut out but it did sit on a raised platform which may have negated the need for a cut out.
Just basic Bosch , base of dishwasher door and cupboard doors all aline .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back