Sealing/Painting MDF Bath Side Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!,

Currently sorting out my bathroom. Started laying LVT planks today. The bath side panel however is looking a bit rough. It's veneered MDF but it is exposed on the inside which has swelled in a couple of place where water has got to it. Without starting from scratch and making a new panel, I was thinking of cleaning it up, sealing it (somehow) and painting it with a matt finish maybe? It doesn't match the new floor either (misses picked the flooring! lol!) Sealing the exposed MDF, primer, top coat? Any advice on products etc would be great! (Panel is pulled out slightly on the picture as it doesn't fit now due to the raised flooring. I will have to trim the panels down a couple of mm) Thanks in advance!

IMG_1942.JPG

Sponsored Links
Zinsser 123, brush it on, lay it off with a roller if you don't want to see some brush marks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back