Sealing New Render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have a rendered wall that was re-rendered 18 months ago. I like the colour of the render - white cement was used- and I just want to apply the correct thing to protect the render from the rain and frost. I DON’T want to change the colour with paint. I can only find advice on painting. Should I apply something like Thompson’s Water Sealant, or should I not apply anything at all. There are no damp
issues with the wall at all, and never have been, I simply had the render redone as it had blown in places, loads of cracks and moss.

or do I HAVE to apply something like Dulux weathershield to protect the wall but find a colour that is like sand and white cement colour?

thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
you shouldn’t need to put anything on it.
thompsons is the last thing i’d use.

Fair enough. Saves a job. Thanks. Render haS hairline cracks so thought I should have sealed,it.

is this a house wall? it shouldn’t have any cracks ,being relatively new. and given that information i’d paint it with something. sandtex is my personal preference.

Sponsored Links
Yes, it’s just a short stretch, about 25 ft say, single storey on one south facing wall. Wasn’t sunny hot when done, so not in direct sun when drying out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back