Sealing travertine left marks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently had my bathroom floor re-tiled in natural travertine and decided to seal it using LTP ironwax floor sealer. The problem I have is having applied it as suggested using a brush it has left marks all over the floor as the solution has dried and the sealer is very much visible.

I know i can remove the seal and redo it, my question is how do i get a good finish and no brush or cloth marks visible? Did i over apply the sealer?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
go fetch some lithofin wax off, should have the excess off soon enough fella

Thanks for that will it be sufficient to just use it to remove the excess and give the floor a nice finish or will i have to remove it all and start again?

If so how should i go about getting a decent finish?

best off when your byuying the wax off getting some "stain stop" to recover the protection

Sponsored Links
Well im now deciding between either the stain stop or the protective impregnator.

My initial thinking was to use the wax off to remove all the existing seal and use the impregnator to reseal as it goes on invisible. Pricey stuff though.

Any ideas if the stain stop leaves any residue or what sort of finish it gives?

Will get this stuff ordered and see how i get on. Will post up the results.

Has anyone used the LTP stuff i used before and what are peoples experiences of it? I was dissapointed it left residue everywhere and left my very nice new floor looking unsightly!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back