Removing Blackening from Travertine Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Will start with an apology as I am sure this question must have been asked several times before but I was unable to find anything on it!

I have what appears to be the usual blackening effect on Travertine floor tiles that I have used in my Wet Room.

I have tried many different soultions but with l;ittle success. Wondered if anyone has come accross anything that actually works to remove this Blackening.

P.s I did seal the Travertine with the correct sealer from Topps when installed but for some reason, they still blackened.

Tiles approx 3 - 4 years old now.

Any advise much appreciated!

Thanks...

Sponsored Links
can you post a photo?

providing its not damp coming from the back it shouldn't be too difficult to sort

are you sure the blackening is not caused by water ingress and sitting between tanking ( if tanked ) or adhesive and the tile, water will bleed through trav rather easily after a period of time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back