Travertine tiles

oph

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi tiling experts,

Plumber i may be , but tiler, not really to be honest but this is MY OWN house and I was hardly going to get someone in was I :oops:

Ok, I have fully tiled my bathroom with Tile Clearence houses special offer 'Travertine Honed Filled straight edge' tiles. I understand I need to clean, seal and grout them.. I have a container of 'FILA Grout Residue remover', a container ( in a metal container this one) of 'FILA Colour Intensifier' and finally a bottle of FILA ' Honed/Tumbled Travertine & Marble protector.
My question is........in which order and when does the grouting come into it too.

Thanks Lads

Sponsored Links
travertine..honed and filled...

seal first then fix.

unfilled travertine...

grout first then seal.

hi oph what i do is, tile first then clean with warm water till i am happy there is no adhesive residue, once it is dry give it a good clean down with a dry clothuntil your happy its clean, put on your enhancer, leave to completley dry, then add your seal 2 coats if you want, then grout and wash as you go , once it is dry give a good wash with hat water, i also use sugar soap to get a good clean, repeat with dry clot till your happy and finally repeat the sealing again, it will look the dogs !!! ps if you haven't started tiling yet make sure you use 2mm long legged spacers, anything bigger will look crap, thats my peronal view ..lol hope this helps you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back