Secondary hot water circulation with whole house pump.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, i have been trying to get a clear picture on this from reading other posts but not found an answer on this set-up specifically, so any help well appreciated.

I have a gravity vented system with a whole house pump on both hot and cold and located next to the cylinder. Due to the length of pipe runs , furthest away taps take over 1 minute to get hot water to them even with this pump. (It's a long bungalow that has been extended in both directions, pipework running round the eaves, the cylinder downstairs and an upstairs bathroom at the far end) Can i add a secondary hot water circulation pump also ? and if yes then i'm really after a clear description (or schematic diagram) showing how to configure this. I cant get my head around how the secondary pump would run without activating the primary pump. Many thanks, Steve.

Sponsored Links
For your application, you might want to consider an unvented cylinder, with a secondary pump (on a timer).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back