Secure ventilation

C

cantaloup63

There have been stories of late (in the local area) of some of our fellow "humans" climbing in through open bedroom windows at night and creating their usual pandemonium, heartache and inconvenience.

With that in mind, I am coming to the conclusion that ventilation may be better served via ceiling vents leading (via duct pipe) to roof slate vents. So, can anyone recommend a bi-directional inline fan, which has positive closure when not in operation to prevent unecessary trickle ventilation and down-draughts?

Sponsored Links
There have been stories of late (in the local area) of some of our fellow "humans" climbing in through open bedroom windows at night and creating their usual pandemonium, heartache and inconvenience.

With that in mind, I am coming to the conclusion that ventilation may be better served via ceiling vents leading (via duct pipe) to roof slate vents. So, can anyone recommend a bi-directional inline fan, which has positive closure when not in operation to prevent unecessary trickle ventilation and down-draughts?
Seem a sledge hammer to crack a nut solution.
Very easy to secure windows.

Sponsored Links
Well thanks for the replies. We have upvc lockable double glazed windows with trickle ventilation. I know that one could fit restrictors, but I'd rather not give the tedious little twerps the hope of jemmying them open and frightening my wife or kids to death in the process. Nor do I want to fit lockable grills.

There are 3 bedrooms, and for the sake of peace of mind and security, a fan with roof vent seems a reasonable solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back