Securing a ladder to fascia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to access this flat roof so pushed an ibolt type thing through PVC and turned tight. It seems strong but is it correct just to thread the rope through it . It still slides a bit to left and right. Not much though. Do I need two bolts into fascia instead of just this one
15581828011638343581072127592535.jpg
15581828528765391750380444401703.jpg
for each side of ladder?

Sponsored Links
Bottom of the ladder on those angle looks as if it could slip, not enough ladder height above the gutter and the rope shouldnt be free to run through the eye...all in my belt and braces opinion of course

Sponsored Links
Ladder is too short. You could secure it to the right hand wall to stop it moving to the left
I wouldn't secure anything to UPVC
You could add a brace from the floor to the ladder from the left

Bottom of the ladder on those angle looks as if it could slip, not enough ladder height above the gutter and the rope shouldnt be free to run through the eye...all in my belt and braces opinion of course
Those things are designed for decking to stop ladder slipping back. I know ladder should extend higher as well above roof. Thxs though. The ibolt is pretty strong and am not allowed to drill into the wall I guess my real question is, have I tied the ladder correctly and would two ibolts , one for each stile be better? I've just looped the rope through it so the ladder slides a bit to left and right.

Screenshot_20190518-163604_Chrome.jpg

As long as the bottom of the ladder is firm and secure (using something like Keitai's suggestion) there is little reason you can't head up there and get on with it. My only concern would be leaning on the guttering -- if you can buy or make something just to keep the ladder off that and the base remains firm and steady you'll be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back