Tumble dryer ventilation system condenstaion.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to know exactly how tumble dryer ventilation works. I have just bought and installed a new PVC channel ventilation system and am having some difficulties getting to the root of my problems. The PVC channel runs up one face of an internal wall, between two roof joists and out of the fascia and soffits, the vent system is all push fit and fits snug between the insulation and plasterboard. The problem I face Is that the area in which I have chosen to run the pipe (shortest span from tumble to fascia) is very cold meaning that the warm air inside the vent pipe is condensating, turning into water and leaking back out of the joints within the vent system. Any advice on how to solve this? should I just run the vent in one section of flexi hose? should these vents even run through joists?

Thanks, Charlie.

Sponsored Links
Ideally, it should vent only a close distance from the tumble dryer. If it is located against an exterior wall, a hole should be cut into the wall to vent directly outside in the shortest possible distance.

The fact you are using an extended vent hose, in a cold environment, going vertically (I assume venting back down through the soffits), means that as you say the moist air is condensing before it gets outside.

I would also be concerned about the amount of moisture that will be condensing externally on the soffits and facia.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back