Maximum length of tumble dryer vent hose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. In the process of planning some internal alterations. We're creating a downstairs WC and would like to make a utility space for washer and tumble dryer. Our only problem is getting them on an external wall for drains/ tumble vent. Drains I think I can deal with via a Saniflo that we're planning for the WC, but wonder about vent for tumble dryer. Don't want a condensing dryer but am happy to take a flexi vent pipe up the wall and across to the outside wall and box it in to make it look pretty. Is this a sensible thing to do, and is the run of 2-3 metres possible? I guess it will run vertically up to the ceiling (about 1.5 metres or so), then across horizontally for another 1.5 approx to outside wall.

Sponsored Links
How long is the flexy hose when stretched out? Use that as a guide, 10 ft or so should be OK IMHO. But dont forget to attach a grille across the end of the pipe an you will have rodents in there like a shot... They love warm dark places.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back