Securing an MFC board to the bottom of some kitchen wall units?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've almost finished fitting my kitchen and I plan to fix an MFC board to the bottom of a 2.1 metre run of wall units to make it look nice and neat (and also to accommodate an LED light strip which I will recess into the MFC).

Ideally I want to have no visible fixings on the MFC board and preferably none inside the wall cabinets. I'm wondering what is the best way to achieve this? I'm using 8mm MFC so that it's not super heavy.

Should I use some kind of concealed fixing system? I came across something called Striplox which looks like it might be workable?

Or, should I use an adhesive? If so, any suggestions as to which one?

Grateful for any suggestions!

Sponsored Links
Super glue perhaps

Thanks for the suggestion. I've not used Mitre Adhesive before but I don't think that would be the right approach because the board that needs fixing is quite large (2.1 metres by 28cm) and the bottom surface of the cabinets is not 100% flat/smooth due to the construction of the cabinets (see photos). Although the MFC is only 8mm it still has a certain amount of weight to it, and as it's above a hob it obviously needs to be very well secured.
2023-04-03 17.44.00.jpg
2023-04-03 17.42.09.jpg
2023-04-03 17.42.14.jpg

Sponsored Links
silicone or grip fill would do, or CT1

but TBH ordinary silicone is fine and cheaper

a bead all the way around the perimeter then a load of zig zags going in between

you could cut some offcuts of sheet material just a bit small than the gap between the wall unit and your worktop, then wedge in place until set

BTW you might need to pack between top of wall unit and ceiling temporarily in case you force the wall units up and off their hanging brackets

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back