security light help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a new security light 400W 240v.
Got the LUX setting in the middle and this morning when it was daylight it didnt come on. Result I thought.
Once it got dark it again didnt activate , however when i walked infront of it for a test it activated and lit up.Result in thought.
However now it is going off all the time , i think it picking up my washing line thats moving in the wind.
The light has 3 settings Time, sense and LUx.

Whats the best way to stop it activating with the washing line moving.I thought the sense setting was for the distance.
As you can tell its been some time since I set one of these up.
Help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
However now it is going off all the time ,
I presume you mean it is coming on all the time. :)

Whats the best way to stop it activating with the washing line moving.I thought the sense setting was for the distance.
Well, sensitivity - so sort of.

All you can do is turn the sensitivity to minimum and then gradually turn it up until satisfactory.

If it is the washing line causing it - and it does it on minimum - then there isn't much you can do except remove the washing line.

Thanks for this. Its was set to max(from new) ive set it half way and its not came on when the line was moving. We walked in front of it and the light came on.
Job done thanks. I got it into my head sensitivity was range lol.

Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Or point sensor down.
Or put black tape over part of the sensor window where you don’t want it to detect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back