Self adhesive door strips. Where can I buy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got Karndean flooring in two adjoining rooms, with a door in-between and I need self adhesive door strip. The guy who fitted the floor had only gold one's and I need silver (he send he would send me a silver one , however he's done a vanishing act) I can't seem to find any of the self-adhesive one's anywhere and I'm not keen to screw through the Karndean. Could anyone assist?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

ChrisC.

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
have you tried google?

Oh why didn't I think of that :rolleyes: Of course I've tried Google, plus all the usual sheds, B&Q, Screwfix, local carpet shop etc. Hence me posting here. The only one's I can find are the screw down type.

Regards

CC

pilgrim1 said:
breezer said:
have you tried google?

Oh why didn't I think of that :rolleyes: Of course I've tried Google, plus all the usual sheds, B&Q, Screwfix, local carpet shop etc. Hence me posting here. The only one's I can find are the screw down type.

Regards

CC

a simple "yes" would have done.

I am not a mind reader so how would i know what you have or have not tried?, if you were more forthcoming with information in the first place i need not have asked

Sponsored Links
a simple "yes" would have done.

I am not a mind reader so how would i know what you have or have not tried?, if you were more forthcoming with information in the first place i need not have asked

Sorry Breezer, didn't mean to sound so sarcastic, too hot in-front of this PC today me thinks. True if I'd have been more forthcoming, you'd have known this, but I don't want to make the post massive, keep it simple seems to be a better approach. I think you most people on the forum have a damn good search before posting, then ask, would you not agree?

My apologies again for any offence.

Regards

CC

pilgrim1 said:
I think you most people on the forum have a damn good search before posting, then ask, would you not agree?

My apologies again for any offence.

Regards

CC

thanks for the apology.

Actualy most people do not search first. Particularly in uk electrics and plumbing. they just join and ask, only to be told if the searched they would find the answer since it has been asked (very often) before.

Then there are those who search, post a reply to a post that is yers old and never post again

Then there are those who join and never post

then there are those who dont give information assuming we know what they are talking about

here is an example
stevenmc2 said:
2c lamp cord (from the 2 spots) - yes probably- thats not a worry as I plan to replace that and shouldent be a problem (what should I replace it with?). However, once ive done that- ? How should I wire it all up to the dbl dimmer unit?

cheers

we all gave up

breezer said:
thanks for the apology.

Actualy most people do not search first. Particularly in uk electrics and plumbing. they just join and ask, only to be told if the searched they would find the answer since it has been asked (very often) before.

Then there are those who search, post a reply to a post that is yers old and never post again

Then there are those who join and never post

then there are those who dont give information assuming we know what they are talking about

here is an example
stevenmc2 said:
2c lamp cord (from the 2 spots) - yes probably- thats not a worry as I plan to replace that and shouldent be a problem (what should I replace it with?). However, once ive done that- ? How should I wire it all up to the dbl dimmer unit?

cheers

we all gave up

No problem, I see from your quote you are not wrong :LOL:

I've had my fair share of halfwits reply in other forums but not here, generally I've found this forum to be most reasonable.

My mistake I consider myself duly scolded :D

Still can't find the bloody self adhesive door strips, I'm begining to think the floor fitter made them himself :LOL:

Regards

ChrisC.

I`m not quite sure what youre after, but would screw down not work with double sided carpet tile tape, just a thought.
JonB

JonB said:
I`m not quite sure what youre after, but would screw down not work with double sided carpet tile tape, just a thought.
JonB

Hi Jonb,
thanks for the reply. I've not really considered the DIY option as yet. The version the flooring guy showed me were screw-hole free and you simply peel off a backing and stick them down. Given that they exist already, I had not got around to the how-to DIY solution. Given however I just can't seem to find them anywhere, I might endup going down this route and I have to say, your comments have me thinking now. As a "plan B" it's a very good option and for that I thank you. It does however seem a shame to have all the screw holes filling up with rubbish, when a perfect hole-free, stick down solution is available somewhere.

Regards

ChrisC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back