self levelling compound to level floor 22.5mm out of true ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can you advise me . I have a corridor and a room along side an exterior wall that has dropped sometime in the past . As a result of this both the corridor (which is approx 1 metre wide, 3mitres long) and the room (4metres long x 4 metres wide) fall away along the wall by up to 22,5 mm from level . The floors are made of brick laid on edge on top of concrete , they are dry ,clean and stable , but have slight variations on hight between the bricks and the mortar . I want to lay other flooring on top of this rather then have to take up all the bricks and lay a screed . I will use a wide engineered floor board (18mm thick) in the hall , and rubber floor in the other room . Can a levelling compound deal with a difference of 22.5 mm in the level over a 1 metre wide corridor ? If so which type ? Steve

Sponsored Links
Pretty much any self level compound will do - you just add sharp sand to it for the thicker bits - all instructions are on the bag , so just have a wander round Wickes or another DIY shed ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back