Self plumbed Bathroom.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm currently in the research and purchasing part of fitting out my bathroom and I've got a question regarding fittings.

Got a combi boiler and decent water flow into the house.

Got a 2way thermostatic valve that's 1/2" inlets and 3/8" outlets for feed to bath filler and rain shower that required ~10ltr / min.

Was planning to run all in 15mm copper but I haven't access to a torch to solder / sweat joints so was going to do all in compression fittings.

Spoke to a plumber at work and he mentioned using full bore isolator valves on the pipework to the shower valve, are the other compression fittings (90deg. corners and Tees etc gonna make this uneccessary or will the flow rates suffer for all these constricting points?

If I'm gonna have to buy a DIY blowtorch are there any that could be recommended or conversely to avoid?

many thanks for any replies

Rob

Sponsored Links
spring would be cheapest but does take a certain amount of care not to kink the pipe. a hand pipe bender will do a better job IMO.

screwfix £40 , or maybe borrow one or hire one?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back