New bathroom taps - pipe extension?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have some new taps to fit on a existing bathroom basin, unfortunetly the new (flexible) tails are slightly too short to connect to the isolating valves attached to my 15mm copper feed pipes! :(

I've been looking on screwfix/toolstation to identify some kind of suitable "extension" (only need perhaps 5cm+) which will connect either between the 15mm copper pipe and the compression fitting on the isolating valve or between the valve and the flexible tap tail but can't find anything :(

Can anyone recommend a solution (preferably using compression fittings...)? I was hoping to find something like this but with a female connection on one end...

Can anyone help with suggestions? :)

Sponsored Links
Why not put a copper push fit cuplink on the hot and cold with a piece of 15mm into it then fit the ball afix, will give you as much as you need.

Why not put a copper push fit cuplink on the hot and cold with a piece of 15mm into it then fit the ball afix, will give you as much as you need.

Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't looked at the copper push fit couplings, the problem I have is I don't have any spare 15mm pipe to extend it with so I was hoping to find a solution I could purchase inexpensively, can you buy "short" pieces of copper tube? :)

I'm wondering if I cut the existing 15mm and fitted one of these how much extra would it give me? (no idea how long the couplers are??)

You only need 6 inches of 15mm tube, any good plumbers merchant will have for about 50p, the cuplinks you have linked to your last post wont give you any extra length because once tube is pushed into the cuplink theres only a lip to stop both 15mm pipes meeting.

Sponsored Links
Looks like I may have found an ideal solution.... :)

The couplings supplied with Drayton TRV4's are perfect to fit between the tap tail's and the isolator valves, just give enough extra reach and I have a few spares left over i could use!! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back