Monobloc flexible tails with compression fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a monobloc basing mixer to replace a broken one. It came with 2 braided flexible tails. The male fitting to my new tap is larger than on the old tap, so I have to use the new 12mm tails. The problem is that the older tails had a female threaded connector at the non-tap end and the corresponding male connector is firmly fixed into the end of the 15mm copper delivery pipe. The new tails come with compression fittings.

I don't have much room to work with behind the fitted basin, and I can't easily remove the male threaded end from the fixed pipe. So short question: is there a convertor fitting that will allow me to convert the compression fitting to the threaded one? (I can't find any 12mm to female threaded flexible tails, they all seem to now end in compression fittings.)

The fittings are equivalent in size i.e. if I remove the nut and the olive from the compression fitting I have a male threaded fitting exactly the same as the one presented from the fitting on the copper pipe.

Any help appreciated.

R

Sponsored Links
A 1/2" brass socket will do the job of joining the 2 ends, along with some Loctite 55 or PTFE tape to seal the joint. Unorthodox, but effective.

Sorry for the late thank you. I tried the brass nut approach but because of the fixed end on the tails, I couldn't tighten the joint on both sides.

In the end I had to cut 2 just-long-enough pieces of copper pipe, and put new compression joints on the threaded end. Was very tight, but worked.

Thanks all.

R

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back