Connect monobloc tap to service valve

25 Aug 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Background: I've got a monobloc tap in the kitchen sink which became progressively more wobbly as the backnut loosened. There wasn't enough room to get a spanner to tighten it, so I put up with it. But now I've discovered the hot water is leaking from the bottom of the tap, where it connects the the tap tail. The cause seems to be the constant movement of the tap which has caused the tiny O ring to perish.
The hot water feed service valve is about 200mm directly below the tap, so a rigid tap tail fits nicely. The cold water valve is off to the side so I currently have a rigid tail, going to a 15mm compression x BSP F union flexible, which connects to the cold service valve.

So, I've decided to get a couple of flexible tap tails to fix this. The only problem is that I seem to have bought tails which have a 15mm compression joint, but i want to connect directly to the service valve (male thread).

I think the answer would be to use a flexible tail M12 male x BSP F union, but this type of connector doesn't seem to exist.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
they do exist put you will have to go to a plumbers merchants and ask for a 3/8 fi (female iron) to 15mm copper adaptor, which he may have to make up using a 3/8fi x 10mm then a 10mm x 15mm reducer, which would make it bulky and hard to cope with under a sink,
why not just turn off the water and cut the service pipes, put on 2 new 15mm ballofix isolation valves, and go from there ? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links