Monobloc Tap Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A job I have put off for a few years is to replace our kitchen tap.

I finally bought a new one, and it comes with two flexible hoses (M10 x 1/2"BSP). However. they are 300mm long.

The old tap has two rigid pipes going to soldered joint about 250mm down from the tap.

I can't find a 200mm flexible hose to replace this, and it seems too short for the 300mm hose.

I hope to avoid re-plumbing the nightmare that is the copper pipework around this area, so I wondered what the alternatives were?

Can I get a longer hose and loop it?

Or remove the old tap, and fit an adaptor to the old rigid connectors to fit the new tap?

Or a new copper tail:
https://www.bes.co.uk/copper-monobl...MIxoHWnISQ5wIVA4fVCh2DdQvJEAQYCiABEgI60vD_BwE

Photo1826.jpg
Photo1827.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you’re going to use flexi hoses, then I would just cut the copper pipes back further to avoid any kinks inthe pipe.

Have a look at BES 19800, basically a replacement for what you already have. You'd need to be sure they would fit your tap and that you could still fit it.
However, it still means you are going to have to do some soldering, unless you cut both old and new and join with a compression coupler. You could insert isolation valves as the couplers if there is room, assuming you haven't already got some further along the pipework.
If you have to use the flexi's check the size of the pipes going down into the soldered elbows. If they are 15 mm, you could cut them to suit the length of the flexis. If the flexis have 15 mm compression fittings its easy. If they have 1/2" or 3/8" BSP female connectors, you will need a Screwfix 2665R (1/2") or 6089R (3/8") to give the compression connection onto the 15 mm pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back