Self venting caps - do they exist??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if I am looking for a fitting that does not exist, but can anyone tell me if there is a such a fitting as a self venting cap, and where I can get one from??

Sponsored Links
youll be thinking of an automatic air vent methinks.... whats the requirement

I have a similar problem to jonnydon'tknowmuch with his water heater, the advice he was given gave me a moment of clarity, and hopefully the vent will do the job rather than getting self venting taps

V

What are the symptoms of the problem to which you need a solution?

Sponsored Links
I want to install an over the sink water heater, but connect straight to the taps, I have not decided on one yet but the ones I have looked at says I need a vented hot tap, but I have already got the taps and do not want a hot tap that is different to the cold, so I was thinking of putting one of the self venting caps in feed from the heater to the hw tap as an alternative.

does this sound ok.

Thanks

V

allenvb said:
I want to install an over the sink water heater, but connect straight to the taps, I have not decided on one yet but the ones I have looked at says I need a vented hot tap, but I have already got the taps and do not want a hot tap that is different to the cold, so I was thinking of putting one of the self venting caps in feed from the heater to the hw tap as an alternative.

does this sound ok.

Thanks

V

No it is not all right, the self venting tap is for the expansion as the water heats up.

ok, I know that the tap would release the pressure, but there must be an alternative type valve i could use that would do the same??

allenvb said:
ok, I know that the tap would release the pressure, but there must be an alternative type valve i could use that would do the same??

No there is not, it is part of the manufacturers instruction and must be fitted.

You can buy small undersink units etc that have an expansion vessel and safety valve etc, get one of them instead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back