Sending Fax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to send fax from my pc
I've installed fax from windows components.
I am running broadband, which is supposed to leave the line free :rolleyes: .
I have connected and installed a modem.
Everything seems to be working fine, the modem dials out and then: :evil:
A window appears- 'your line is busy'

Any ideas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Can you give details of the modem and Windows version you are using?

Have you tried to use the modem to dial another number or ISP?

Hi guys. :D
I an running winXp.
usb adsl modem for broadband.
i have plugged back in a dialup modem(Intel(R) Ham 5628 V.92).This worked fine 3months ago when i was on dialup.
I have tried sending fax with the modem plugged into the filter and plugged straight into the phone socket.neither worked. :cry:

......................................................................................

Was that all you asked for :?:

Sponsored Links
Is the modem listed as working in device manager.

Have you tried looking at the modem in Control Panel and running the diagnostics?

If it appears ok, use the XP dialer to dial any number (speaking clock for example) and see what result you get.

Also, is the modem cable connected to the correct place on the modem. They sometimes have a socket for a phone. It should be connected to the LINE socket.

thanks for that but all i seemed to accomplish was to knack my adsl modem up and had to reinstall it :evil:
I'll keep playing :rolleyes:

We really need to know the results of the questions asked. Are you sure you have the correct modem specified in your fax software? ie, not trying to dial using the dsl modem.

I've used the hyperterminal to dial out my mobile.
It rung once and then cut off. :(
Window on screen- line was busy!
+ when i logged on today i got a window saying there was a problem with my network provider. I,m not on a network,(could this be my problem ) :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Back