Sensible way to fill cracks between wall and ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’ve got some fairly big cracks between a plasterboard ceiling an external wall – house is about 15 years old so I think they’re just from settlement/breathing etc.

I want to try and fill them in so that they don’t come back too quickly – my plan was to scrape them out, fill the deeper parts with easyfill and then go over with a flexible caulk to finish, before painting. Does that sound sensible? Any recommendations for a decent flexible caulk/filler (think Toupret are a reasonable bet)?

Cheers for any advice!

Sponsored Links
I had this problem on a rental property.
I fitted the lightweight coving a bit like the old polystyrene, but not so naff when painted you can't tell it is not plaster.
It tends to be a bit flexible so gives with movement any gaps that do open up can be filled with a flexible mastic. It worked very well.

You need a lightweight modern polymer filler like Red Devil or Wickes. It feels like an empty tub when you pick it up. Easyfill is rubbish.

Sponsored Links
You need a lightweight modern polymer filler like Red Devil or Wickes. It feels like an empty tub when you pick it up. Easyfill is rubbish.

Yeah that stuff is good, really easy to sand too. Then I would caulk the joint between ceiling and wall, then paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back