Separate Taps and spout - help...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Newbie to the forum, please treat me gently....

I have just taken delivery of a new bath with separate taps and spout from Bathstore, and I need some advice on the best way to connect them.

The taps (basically 2 individual valves) have 3/4 inch connections but the spout is just a single 1/2 inch. The original bath had 22mm pipes so is it worthwhile using 22mm to the new valves? (15mm would be much easier and cheaper to run, as I have moved the bath)

Also, given that the spout will be on the opposite wall to the valves, mounted on the front edge of the bath, would combining the feeds closer to the spout make any difference to the flow rate?

The bath is fed from hot and cold water tanks.

Thanks in advance,

John

Sponsored Links
what is the water supply gravity or mains pressure ?
i would leave in 22mm copper to 3/4 mi to the taps then 15mm to spout.

It's gravity fed.

What do you mean by 3/4 mi (sorry to be thick)?

TIA John

mi = Male iron to copper.
i would use male iron to copper compression and then reduce down on the out coming flow to 15mm with insert compression reducers.

Sponsored Links
in fact reading your question again ,spout beeing a distant from valves.
I would come out of valves in 22mm and reduce down to 1/2 just before the spout with a 22mm to 15mm reducer and connect to the spout with a 1/2 compression tap connector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back