Separating Wooden Door from Whirlpool Fridge, Solved

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have posted elsewhere a question as to how to separate the wooden door from a Whirlpool 'fridge.

Being a little concerned about disturbing the re-sealing of the 'fridge door after disturbing it I devised a way of attaching the new knob as follows :

Put pressure on existing knob and unscrew to start.

Wedge a knife blade into the gap created to lock the M4 bolt before removing knob.

Unscrew old knob, keeping hold of bolt end in the process.

Cut bolt down to length if necessary. (my concern was that the existing bolt would not be long enough for the new knob).

Hold bolt with knife blade and screw on new knob.

Fortunately I was spared the above as, on removing the old knob, the bolt was nearly the right length for the new knob. Job done!

Had forgotten about PLAN B ; in the event that the existing bolt was too short I had a thread converter ready (M4/wood screw) to mount just below existing knob hole, there to attach new knob.

(It was a bit disappointing really, I was looking forward to my plan!!)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back