Whirlpool fridge door to cabinet door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi Guys, I have a whirlpool fridge integrated, and cannot seem to get the pine unit door off the fridge door.
I have turned all four screws at the top and bottom,Clockwise, and the door slides both ways, but will not come off?
It,s opens from the left,,and , thinking it would come off to the left, it seems to stop ,hitting bracket if I try to the right, it hits cabinet on the right.it,s in a right hand corner unit.
Do you have to remove screws altogether, I did one,but a pain to relocate it.
Any advice would be grateful.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
fridge model and pictures speak a thousand words :)

Hi, There,s nothing I can show, just a whirlpool/ philips larder fridge, which I have lost model number,it,s over 20 years old, and a pine door on the fridge door.
flush fixed brackets,on all four corners, held on to cabinet door with 2 philips screws, then held on to fridge door one flat screw, under the seal on each corner of fridge door , turning clockwise to loosen.
When I loosen the fridge screws clockwise, the cabinet door comes lose, and can slide, left and right, BUT, because the bracket slots on ea ch side face inwards, it cannot slide off the bolt, or even clear the bolt head, on one side, to jiggle both ways.
I cannot loosen the bolts completely, to just take the door off with the bolts , the slottedheads just keep turning, inside the fridge door , allowing only a quater of an inch clearance between both doors?
I think, 2 of the brackets were put on wrong, slots surely should all have the open end facing one way, for door to slide off the bolts.?
Baffled how the got it on;
Its free standing , on legs, and in a corner unit, under worktop,, so don,t really want to pull it out, doing more damage.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi, Guys, as I Didn,t have model number, I have looked at identical one .
Model number is ARG146A+LA
Don,t know if this helps.
Cheers
Not sure how to upload pics to this site.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back