Seriously need help with light fittings...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically i am trying to put up a new light fitting in my room. There was a basic clip on white light fitting on the ceiling. Inside that ceiling rose are 4 browns, 2 blues and 3 green/yellows.
Now on the new fitting there are 3 insulating blocks, each with the space for 1 wires (ie 1 spare holes on each block). Into these blocks go brown, blue then the last one has green/yellow
So how do I fit this. Plz someone help asap!!!
Thanks again :D :LOL:

Sponsored Links
bradleytaylor1984 said:
Basically i am trying to put up a new light fitting in my room. There was a basic clip on white light fitting on the ceiling. Inside that ceiling rose are 4 browns, 2 blues and 3 green/yellows.
Now on the new fitting there are 3 insulating blocks, each with the space for 1 wires (ie 1 spare holes on each block). Into these blocks go brown, blue then the last one has green/yellow
So how do I fit this. Plz someone help asap!!!
Thanks again :D :LOL:

i take it you want that one to go on when the other one is switched on, using 1.5 mm t&e simply connect the earth and neutrals to the appropriate terminals in the rose and then connect the live to the L block in the rose which should have the pendant wire connected there . The earth in the cable will need to be sleeved in green/yellow sleeving as it is just bare copper and then you connect that to earth terminal in the rose. At the other end connect up the blue and brown, sleeve the earth and connect it to the "insulating block"

oops totally misunderstood post, though the "op" wanted to add another light and leave the existing , ah well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back