Service Magic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know what the hell this is about, i keep getting emails asking to quote them for work. Is it another scam :eek:

Sponsored Links
They will give you a 'lead' but it will cost £10 per time.

Don't waste your time or money with them.

Andy

Sponsored Links
I to have been contacted by them and asked some questions, this was the reply
Hi

Thank you for your enquiry, Below is the breakdown of the service.

We are a tailored marketing solution for your company. We send all the consumer contact details to you and we will also send your contact details to the client so they know who will be contacting them.

Higher close rates - Our members are presented to consumers in real time and as a result, you win more jobs. Internet users expect an instantaneous response - which is exactly what our automatic connection gives them. You instantly receive the consumer's contact information, increasing your chances of winning the business.

A steady consistent flow of leads with more predictable monthly budgeting - Controlling how many leads come to you each month allows you to predict and budget your marketing expenses. This means never having to worry about exceeding your spending limits - you know exactly what to expect and you can pause your lead flow at any time.

You tell us how many work requests you want to receive every month, targeted to the type of work you want to be doing and the areas you would like to work in.

You automatically receive these leads with all the details of the project and contact information for the customer. With this way of receiving work requests, you get connected with consumers instantly leading to more work by SMS and Email.

We want to help you find more work and if you aren’t completely satisfied with our service you can part ways at any time, as there is no long-term commitment and cancellation fees to pay.

So in brief this is what we offer you:

1) You tell us what areas you want to work in

2) You determine a marketing budget for yourself

3) We then send you ONLY the type of work you would bid on

4) Each Work Request costs £5, £9, £12, £19 or £24 and we bill you weekly and provide you with a monthly statement so you know exactly how much you are spending of your budget

Christmas special:

From the 14th November it’s our Christmas special NO ACTIVATION FEE but for a limited time only.

From the 8th November Refer someone to our service and once they’ve signed you get 2 FREE LEAD.

All we need to get you activated is you public liability insurance company or broker name. If you are able to send that through that would be great.

Service Magic Ltd is the nation's leading online marketplace connecting home and business owners with pre-screened and customer-rated home/business service professionals. The company is revolutionizing how people buy and sell home services by creating a better connection between consumers and pre-screened customer-rated businesses.

We are part of the IAC group, www.iac.com. IAC is a leading internet company with more than 50 fast-growing, highly-related brands serving loyal consumer audiences. Their mission is to harness the power of interactivity to make daily life easier and more productive for people all over the world. For the last four years, IAC has been ranked by Fortune magazine's annual standing of the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector. With more than 196.7 million unique visitors across more than 30 countries, IAC's network of sites would rank as the 4th largest in the world.

More information can be viewed on our website www.servicemagic.co.uk or our American Website on www.servicemagic.com

I hope this information helped and I look forward to hearing from you soon to start working together

Not sure if it's a scam or not. I did a bogus work request that was tailor made to services I supply.
and I did receive an email offering me the chance to quote for the job.
The thing is it's a lead you still need to be getting the contract and if some of the leads are bogus your not going to get them but your are paying for the lead.
They have offered me £10 trial might be worth a punt :unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back